FINA Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
The Chair presented the Fourth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows:
Your subcommittee met on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, to consider the business of the committee and agreed to make the following recommendation:
- That the Committee, at the discretion of the Chair, schedule it’s work in the following way:
- The Committee hold a Pre-Budget consultation meeting with various stakeholders on Thursday, February 2, 2023;
- The Analysts send out a list of recommendations from the in-person consultation meetings the Committee has held up to now, on the morning of Wednesday, February 1, 2023;
- For the meeting of Tuesday, February 7, 2023, Members submit their first list of recommendations on Friday, February 3, 2023, at 12:00 p.m.;
- For subsequent meetings, Members submit their second list of recommendations by 5 o'clock. On Monday, February 6, 2023, and submit their third and final list of recommendations by 5 o'clock on Thursday, February 9, 2023;
- That, pursuant to the motion adopted on Monday, November 21, 2022, the Governor of the Bank of Canada and the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance be invited on February 16, 2023, to appear for 60 minutes each;
- That, should the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance not be available on February 16, 2023, the committee invite the Governor of the Bank of Canada for 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes and invite the Department of Finance to appear before the committee for 30 minutes to discuss the implementation of Part 4, the Select Luxury Items Tax Act of Bill C‑19, pursuant to the motion adopted on Wednesday, October 19, 2022;
- That the committee table its report on the pre-budget consultations in Advance of the 2023 Budget during the week of March 6, 2023.
It was agreed, — That the Fourth Report from the subcommittee be concurred in.
Mike Mueller, Leila Sarangi, Nicholas Schiavo, Paul Lansbergen, Susie Grynol and Jill Verwey made statements and, with Colin Hornby, answered questions.
At 1:02 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.