INAN Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
Karen Hogan made a statement and, with Glenn Wheeler, answered questions.
By unanimous consent, on motion of Bob Zimmer, it was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 81(5), the committee invite the Minister of Northern Affairs, the Minister of Indigenous Services, and the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations to appear as soon as possible for two hours in consideration of Supplementary Estimates (B), 2022-23.
By unanimous consent, on motion of Jenica Atwin, it was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 108(2), the committee commence a study on Bill S-219, An Act respecting a National Ribbon Skirt Day and that:
- The study begin on Monday, December 5, 2022;
- The committee hold a total of one hour of committee meeting to hear testimony from witnesses;
- Prioritized lists of witnesses be submitted to the clerk by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 30, 2022 and that these lists be distributed to members of the committee as soon as possible;
- Parties submit amendments to the bill, in both official languages, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 2, 2022;
- That the clerk of the committee write immediately to each member who is not a member of a caucus represented on the committee and any independent members to inform them of the study of Bill S-219 by the committee and to invite them to prepare and submit any proposed amendments to Bill S-219 which they would suggest that the committee consider during the clause-by-clause study of the Bill; and
- The committee begin clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill in the second hour of the meeting on Monday, December 5, 2022, on the study of the Bill
At 1:08 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.