OGGO Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
The Minister made a statement and, with Christiane Fox, answered questions.
It was agreed, — That the committee send for the following documents from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration:
1) List of officials that have met with McKinsey and what topics they discussed;
2) How many staff or permanent positions the department could get with $24.8 million, and provide the numbers dating back over the last five years in terms of what the trend is and the contracting out in dollars that has gone out correspondingly to date;
3) How much funding was allocated within the department for training and skill development, as well as the issue around the recommendations that were adopted from the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC);
4) The work that McKinsey did related to AI development, as well as Chinook.
ORDERED, — That, concerning requests for extensions in relation to the motion adopted by the committee on Wednesday, January 18, 2023, the clerk write a response letter encouraging those concerned to respect the deadline established in the motion.
Stephanie Kusie gave notice of the following motion:
That the committee request:
1) The production of all unredacted receipts and invoices associated with the September 2022 trip to the United Kingdom by the Prime Minister of Canada, including for all individuals accompanying the Prime Minister;
2) That a report be included breaking down the receipts by individual and by item of expenditure including, in particular, accommodation costs, travel costs, security costs, and costs for food, alcohol, and drinks;
3) That the documents requested be submitted to the clerk no later than Monday, March 6, 2023, at 12:00 p.m., and that the clerk forward them to members of the committee as soon as they are available in both official languages; and
4) That all documents be published on the Standing Committee on Government Operations and Estimates website.
At 6:23 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.